Every once in awhile, I have an urge to bake!! Usually, my favorite season for baking is around the holidays, however, every once in awhile I feel inspired to bake and the other day was just one of those days!! Our local farmer’s market was finally opened after a chilly winter and not only did we fill up our basket with local vegetables, I picked up some fresh lemons. I tend to use lemons in my water but this particular day, I wanted to make Lemon Crisps and I thought that I would share the recipe with all of you. 😊
1 cup of salted butter
1 3oz. packaged cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 3/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Chill dough at least 3 hours.
3. When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Prep your cookie sheets and spray them with Pam Baking Spray.
5. If you want to use cookie cutters, roll into 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut cookies with a floured cookie cutters OR If you want to save a few minutes, roll into small balls and press down with a fork.
6. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!!!
Here’s to your health!!! 🙂