The other night, my husband and I were talking about using our Air Fryer a little more. We decided to try and make a Cornish Hen in it and to our surprise, it was absolutely amazing!!!! I thought that I would share our recipe with you which is not only easy to make but healthy too!!!
1 Cornish Hen
Note: My husband and I have the Ninja Foodie and you may need to adjust the time and temperature if you are using a different type of Air Fryer.
1. Clean your Cornish Hen and then season it with your favorite seasoning.
2. Please the Cornish Hen in the Air Fryer pan.
3. Set your Air Fryer to 390 degrees.
4. Set your timer for 35 minutes.
5. After the timer goes off, take your Cornish Hen out of the Ninja Foodie and cut it on half. Make sure you use your pot holders to do this as the Air Fryer is very hot.
6. Place the halved Cornish Hen back in the pan and Set Temperture for 390 degrees and Set Timer for 6 minutes.
7. Once done, remove the Cornish Hen and turn off your Air Fryer.
Serve with a side salad or veggies and you will have a tasty and healthy meal!!!!
I simply love the spring and this weekend’s weather was amazing! Temperatures were in the 80s and there was a light breeze. My husband and I spent most of the weekend working on our yard. So many of the flowers in our garden are blooming!! We have Daisies, Gerber Daisies, Lavender, Lilies and much more. The flowers are so bright and cheerful, I just had to do a post about them.
So, I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and had some time to relax!!
Every once in awhile, I have an urge to bake!! Usually, my favorite season for baking is around the holidays, however, every once in awhile I feel inspired to bake and the other day was just one of those days!! Our local farmer’s market was finally opened after a chilly winter and not only did we fill up our basket with local vegetables, I picked up some fresh lemons. I tend to use lemons in my water but this particular day, I wanted to make Lemon Crisps and I thought that I would share the recipe with all of you. 😊
1 cup of salted butter
1 3oz. packaged cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 3/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Chill dough at least 3 hours.
3. When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Prep your cookie sheets and spray them with Pam Baking Spray.
5. If you want to use cookie cutters, roll into 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut cookies with a floured cookie cutters OR If you want to save a few minutes, roll into small balls and press down with a fork.
I don’t know about you, but I love spring! Today, my husband and I did some work in our garden and everything is starting to come back to life!! Our Crape Myrtles are starting to bud, our Irises are growing and our tulips are simply beautiful!!!
Indoors, we have several plants in our home and last weekend we got a Hyacinth from our favorite farmer’s market. We decided to leave it in our living room because not only is it beautiful but it gives off a heavenly scent.
Now gardening is something that we truly enjoy. Sometimes, one way to Achieve Complete Wellness is simply being in the moment. Doing things such as getting outside to enjoy the fresh air, gardening, baking, taking a walk or reading a good book is not only relaxing but may help boost your mood! Give it a try and see how it feels!!
One of my favorite meals to make for dinner is mussels. Now being Italian, I love mussels in red sauce…yes, I said sauce 🤣🤣🤣 or in a white sauce with lots of garlic!! Mussels are easy to make and are fantastic over a bowl of pasta.
Now one thing that I didn’t know is that mussels have several heath benefits. Below are just a few:
1. Mussels contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are good for you heart and your brain. Usually, oily fish such as salmon or sardines are the first ones people think of when it comes to Omega-3, however, mussels cooked in the shell contains 500 grams of Omega-3 which meets a person’s daily requirement.
2. Mussels are high in protein.
3. Mussels are high in iron. Interestingly enough, mussels have 4 times the amount of iron than steak!
4. Mussels are low in fat and are low in carbohydrates.
So, if you’re thinking about a quick and easy dinner to make that is healthy for you, have some mussels for a change!!!