I don’t know about you, but hot chocolate is just one of those beverages that I can have year round!!!! We are going to have cold weather this weekend and I took out my recipe to make hot chocolate and I wanted to share it with all of you! 🙂
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk ( I use Almond Milk)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Miniature marshmallows, sweetened whipped cream, cayenne or cinnamon sticks, optional
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
2. Add water; bring to a boil.
3. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in milk; heat to serving temperature (do not boil).
5. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Whisk until frothy.
If you want, feel free to garnish with marshmallows, cream, a dash of cayenne or cinnamon sticks.
Hope you enjoy!!!