Happy Fall!!! 🍂 It a little cooler today and the leaves are starting to fall off the trees. Now that fall is here, I can’t help but think of all my favorite fall recipes that I like to make. Of course, I love cooking and baking with pumpkin and the good news is that pumpkin has several health benefits.
1. Pumpkin is a nutrient dense food and it is full of vitamins and minerals but they are also low on calories.
2. Pumpkin is rich in fiber, which slows digestion and gives you the feeling of being full. In just one cup of pumpkin, there are seven grams of fiber.
3. Pumpkin is a good source of zinc.
4. Pumpkin flesh and the seeds are high in vitamin C and antioxidants, including beta-carotene and other carotenoids.
5. Pumpkin is great for your skin too!!
As the season progresses, I will post some of my favorite recipes such as my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and so on. Feel free to let me know your favorite pumpkin recipe!! 🍂