One of my favorite things to cook is homemade soup. I guess for me it is comfort food – perfect for a chilly or rainy night & simple to make. It is one of my favorite recipes and I love making it for my husband. Now I have a tendency to make up my own recipes and this is one of them. So, as I share my version of escarole soup with you, please understand that I use a little dash of this and a little dash of that….lol. 😃
One head of escarole
1 clove of garlic
1 bag of tortellini
1 package of Italian sweet sausage (about 5 links of Italian sausage)
2-3 boxes of chicken stock
Olive oil, ground garlic, black pepper and red pepper, Italian Seasoning
1. In a large soup pot, pour some olive oil into the pot. Dice up one onion and garlic and put it in with the olive oil. Sautée at low heat.
2. While onion and garlic are sautéing, cut escarole into pieces. Put into the soup pot with sautéed garlic and onion and stir. The escarole will cook down.
3. Once cook down, add your 2-3 boxes of chicken stock. Cut your Italian sausage into small bite size pieces. Put the diced sausage and pour one bag of tortellini into the chicken stock.
4. Put on medium heat and add seasonings (garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, Italian Seasoning) to your soup. Now I just add my seasonings and go by taste.
5. Cook soup on low to medium heat for approximately 45 – 1 hour.
6. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on the top!!
🍂 Enjoy!!! 🍁