The other morning, I realized that we had a bunch of blueberries in our refrigerator so I decided to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Now this was the first time I’ve ever made them but they tasted so amazing that I wanted to share my recipe with you!!! Enjoy!!
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter or margarine, melted and cooled
Approximately 1 cup almond milk
1 cup fresh or thawed and drained frozen blueberries (about 8 per pancake)
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2. Lightly beat the eggs then whisk them into the flour mixture.
3. Combine the butter and 1 cup of almond milk in the medium bowl then gradually whisk this mixture into the batter. If the batter batter is too thick, add a little more milk.
4. Heat your griddle and season it so the pancakes won’t stick to the bottom.
5. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle to form a pancake. Drop 7 or 8 blueberries on each pancake.
6. Cook until bubbles form and then flip them. The pancakes are best served immediately & they may be kept warm in a low (200 degree F) oven until all the batter has been cooked.