It is such a beautiful day today – sunny, not too humid, there is a gentle breeze…you know, one of those days you need to have a cool glass of water or lemonade with you while you are enjoying the sunshine. It has been so rainy here, that it was refreshing to have a perfect summer day. So, we did a little gardening & getting some of those stubborn weeds out of our flower beds!!! It was wonderful to be able to be outside and do one of the things that we love! I consider it a blessing to have the time to be outdoors and rejoice being in the moment.
Sitting here now at the computer, I was thinking about how important it is to be in the moment and savor all the little things in our lives and in our environment. Today, I enjoyed the sunshine, hearing the birds chirp, seeing the new buds on the flowers, chatting with our neighbors and most importantly, spending time with my spouse. How nice was today it to in the moment and appreciate my surroundings.
There are so many times, we just go through the motions, rush through life, go from one thing to another and forget the little things, those little moments. So, today, I want to offer you a few tips to slow things down and spend a little time today, whether it is 5 minutes or a few hours to do something that you love and be in the moment.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Think about something healthy that you enjoy – whether it is sitting outside on your deck, being with a loved one, playing a game of catch with your little one, taking a walk, cooking, gardening, etc.
2. Carve out a few minutes today and put it into your schedule to do that healthy activity that you love.
3. Make the commitment and keep to the time that you carved out for yourself. See it as time that you have scheduled for yourself. It’s a little “me” time.
4. Then go ahead….get out there and do that healthy activity that you love to do but find you never get to fitting it into your schedule. If it is spending time walking outside, listening to your favorite music station, reading, painting or just spending a few minutes taking some deep breathes….go ahead….do it.
5. Take a few deep breaths, take in the moment…feel your body relax. Be aware of your surroundings and savor the moment.
I hope you are able to take a moment today to delight in the moment you have created for yourself. Hope you have an amazing day!!